Bursting with fresh Italian flavors, this vegan farro salad recipe is quick, easy and makes a delicious side, lunch, a picnic, or light dinner.
A few notes…
- ・If you aren’t into baby kale, you could use arugula.
- ・The fresh oregano is maybe the best part, but if you want to substitute 1 tsp dried oregano, it will still work.
- ・And finally, if you skip the vegan parmesan, make sure to taste and extra salt, if needed.
For a variation, you could also add a can of cannellini beans to add even more protein and fiber.
Vegan Farro Salad with Kale and Tomatoes
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
½ cup olive oil
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
½ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
2 ½ cups halved grape tomatoes
2 cups torn baby kale
4 cups cooked farro, rinsed and cooled
¼ cup vegan parmesan, shredded – optional
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients, stir to combine, and taste. Adjust seasonings (more salt? more lemon?), if needed. Serve topped with vegan parmesan (if using).