After several years on the blog, I decided to revise this recipe. It retains many of the original ingredients, but has been modified for simplicity and flavor. This vegan roasted garlic spinach artichoke dip recipe has silken tofu, raw cashews, lemon juice, miso, nutritional yeast and more. It’s still creamy, savory and mouthwatering. And whether you serve it as an appetizer or snack, it makes the perfect partner for tortilla chips or sliced baguette.
This recipe makes ~8 servings.
A few things…
- ・You will need a high speed blender (like a Vitamix or Ninja) to make this recipe as written.
- ・If you soak the cashews in water for 6 hours, and then, drain them, you could try making this recipe in a regular blender or food processor. I have not tried that method, so I’m not sure how it would work. If you test it, I’d love to know how it goes for you!
- ・While testing this vegan roasted garlic spinach artichoke dip, I tried using white miso and chickpea miso. Either one worked well. If you use another type of miso, it may impact the flavor and the color.
- ・Depending on the salt content of your miso and vegan parmesan, you may need more or less salt in this recipe. Once everything is mixed together, taste it and adjust it from there. I consistently add ~½ tsp salt.
Check out other UVK recipes, like Artichoke Potato Salad, Vegan Black Bean Dip, Lemon Artichoke Asparagus Soup, Artichoke, Fennel and Farro Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette, Lemon Tahini Dressing and more.
I hope you love this dip! And I really appreciate you being here 💚
Roasted Garlic Spinach Artichoke Dip
12.3 ounce package of extra firm silken tofu
⅓ cup raw whole cashews
⅓ cup water
1 Tbsp white miso (OR chickpea miso)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
12 ounce package of frozen chopped spinach
8 ounce package of frozen artichoke hearts
⅓ cup (+ more to top) vegan parmesan (I used Follow Your Heart Dairy Free Shredded Parmesan)
Black pepper, to taste
Salt, to taste (I added a little over ½ tsp)
1. First, you’ll roast the garlic for the vegan spinach artichoke dip by following this recipe.
2. Next, you’ll make the base for the dip. In a high speed blender, add half the roasted garlic cloves, the silken tofu, cashews, water, miso, lemon juice, and white wine vinegar. Blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, add the onion, olive oil and a dash of salt. Sauté over medium heat for ~7 minutes or until the onions are golden.
4. Now, add the frozen spinach and artichokes to the skillet. As the artichokes defrost, break them up with your spatula. When everything is cooked through, remove the skillet from heat.
5. Chop up the remaining roasted garlic cloves, and add them to the skillet. Then, add the contents of the blender, the vegan parmesan, and black pepper. Stir together. Taste and adjust seasonings (it will likely need salt, so make sure to add some until it tastes right – see notes above).
6. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease a 1.5 quart casserole dish. Spoon the vegan roasted garlic spinach artichoke dip into the dish. Top it with additional vegan parmesan.
7. Bake at 350º F for 10 minutes. Then, turn the oven to BROIL. Keep a watchful eye on the dip until the top is browned on top to your tastes (I did ~7 minutes). Remove from the oven. Serve the warm vegan roasted garlic spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips or sliced baguette.