This quick, easy vegan kalamata olive tapenade (or dip) recipe is packed with serious flavor from sautéed garlic, oregano, parsley, and capers. It tastes great spread on toasted bread, sliced baguette, pizza, sandwiches or really anything that goes on the grill. It also works well as a dip for fresh veggies or pita. Whether you use it as an appetizer, a snack or condiment, you cannot lose. If you love olives, this is for you!
A few things…
- ・I sautéed the garlic, because I find it does two things. First, it flavors the olive oil, and second, it tempers some of the garlic’s intensity. Basically, it does nice things to the vegan kalamata olive tapenade’s flavor.
- ・While I used 1 Tbsp of fresh oregano, you can substitute 1 tsp dried oregano instead.
- ・Tapenade is salty goodness. To keep it from being too intensely salty, make sure to rinse off the olives and the capers with water before using them.
- Can’t wait for you to try this! And make sure to check out additional UVK recipes, like Romesco Sauce, Vegan Caesar Dressing, Vegan Black Bean Dip, Vegan Tater Tot Hotdish and more 💚
Kalamata Olive Tapenade
2 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 whole garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups whole pitted kalamata olives, drained and rinsed with water
1 Tbsp capers, drained and rinsed with water
1 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves
1 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves (or 1 tsp dried oregano)
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1. First, you’ll sauté the garlic for the vegan kalamata olive tapenade. Add olive oil and garlic to a small skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté the garlic for about a minute or until it becomes lightly browned. Allow to cool.
2. Add the garlic and olive oil to a food processor or blender with all the rest of the ingredients listed in the recipe. Blend until smooth. Serve this vegan kalamata olive tapenade as a spread with sliced bread, a dip for pitas or fresh veggies, or use as a condiment on pizza, grilled vegetables, etc.