This is an easy vegan black bean avocado salsa recipe with cherry tomatoes, canned black beans, lime juice, apple cider vinegar and more. It’s the perfect answer to the question, “What should I make for lunch?” A crowd-pleasing dip for chips. An awesome topping for a baked sweet potato. A delicious filling for a tortilla wrap. A tasty topping to a Southwestern-themed salad. Over and over, this black bean salsa recipe is my quick go-to, because it works well as a meal, snack, or condiment.
This recipe makes ~4 cups.
A few things…
- ・The amount of lime juice will hinge on how acidic your tomatoes are. Start with 3 Tbsp. After tasting all the ingredients mixed together, you may need more.
- ・If you taste it and can’t figure out what it needs, it’s probably salt. Just add a bit more.
- ・It’s easy to adjust the heat. You can add as much (or as little) of either hot sauce or jalapeño to it.
- ・For a variation, add in a bit of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (to your taste!) in place of the hot sauce and jalapeño. It’ll bring a pleasing smoky, spicy dimension.
Check out more UVK recipes, like Watermelon Salsa, Vegan Black Bean Dip, Avocado Cucumber Carrot Sushi with Sweet Chili Sauce, Vegan Black Bean Soup or Balsamic Potato Salad with Fresh Basil, Cherry Tomatoes and Wheat Berries. And please enjoy this tasty black bean avocado salsa 💚
Black Bean Avocado Salsa
3-4 Tbsp lime juice (see notes above)
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
Hot sauce, to taste (I added 2 tsp)
Salt, to taste (I added ½ tsp)
15.25 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed (OR ~1½ cups cooked black beans)
1 ½ cup small dice cherry tomatoes
½ cup small dice red bell pepper
1 small avocado, small diced
2 scallions, thinly sliced
½ cup finely chopped cilantro
½-1 jalapeño, finely chopped (remove the seeds before chopping, if sensitive to heat and/or use less jalapeño)
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together lime juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder and hot sauce.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients listed in the recipe to the large mixing bowl, and gently stir together. Taste the black bean avocado salsa, and adjust seasonings (more lime juice? hot sauce? More salt?). Serve immediately.