Bursting with fresh Italian flavors, this vegan kale farro salad recipe has a simple dressing with fresh oregano and juicy grape tomatoes. It is quick, easy and makes a delicious side, lunch, or light dinner. It’s perfect for summer or any time you want a hearty grain salad with minimal effort.
A few notes…
- ・Not into baby kale? Use arugula.
- ・The fresh oregano is the best part of this kale and farro salad, but if you want to substitute 1 tsp dried oregano, it will still work.
- ・And finally, if you skip the vegan parmesan, make sure to taste and add extra salt, if needed. It may need a little more seasoning without it!
Check out more UVK vegan grain salad recipes 💚
Kale Farro Salad
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
½ cup olive oil
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
½ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
2 ½ cups halved grape tomatoes
2 cups torn baby kale
4 cups cooked farro, rinsed and cooled
¼ cup vegan parmesan, shredded – optional
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. First, you’ll make the dressing for the kale farro salad. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients, stir to combine, and taste. Adjust seasonings (more salt? more lemon?), if needed. Serve this farro salad topped with vegan parmesan (if using).