Making roasted beets in the oven is easy and delicious. This recipe makes 4 cups, and lasts in the fridge for ~4 days. These roasted beets taste great ice cold or warm. They taste awesome in salads or just eating them solo.
Some roasted beets recipes instruct you to use whole beets. Chopping them up first makes it easier to use them later, especially if you just want to put them on a salad or eat them right out of the refrigerator.
This roasted beets recipe offers two preparations–seasoned with salt, or seasoned with salt and the vinegar of your choice. Over the years, I have used many types of vinegar for seasoning beets. Sherry vinegar makes the beets taste very sweet. Apple cider vinegar is nice and mild. Distilled white vinegar is strong and robust. Get experimental.
You’ve got the option to use many recipes from many other blogs. Thank you for giving this recipe a try. And if you enjoy it, UVK has many more vegan beet recipes, including Carrot and Beet Salad with Fresh Dill and Roasted Pistachios, Golden Beet Soup, Beet Chorizo Burgers and more.
4 cups peeled beets chopped into bite-size pieces
Olive oil, to drizzle
Salt, to season
Vinegar of your choice, to season – optional
1. Preheat the oven to 400º F. Then, line a loaf pan with an oversized piece of aluminum foil.
2. Dump the beets into the lined pan. Drizzle with a little olive oil, and then, season with salt. Move around the beets until they are well-coated.
3. Fold the aluminum over the beets and crimp it together to seal the beets inside. Bake at 400º F for between 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the beets are tender enough to enjoy eating.
4. Remove from the oven. If you just want beets lightly seasoned with salt, your beets are done cooking and ready to serve. Enjoy warm or chilled.
5. Optional: To season the beets with the vinegar of your choice, open the pouch and pour some vinegar over the hot beets. Stir the beets around in the vinegar, and then, seal up the pouch again. Allow the beets to cool, and then, serve slightly warmed or place in a sealable container in the refrigerator to enjoy chilled on salads or to be eaten solo.
Get Email Updates!
Enter your email address to subscribe to UVK. Then, visit your inbox, find the UVK email and confirm your subscription.