This is a delicious vegan stuffed zucchini boats recipe. The herb risotto is almost too perfect. Because let’s get real here, zucchini loves fresh basil 💚
This recipe makes ~6 stuffed zucchini boats. Try to select medium zucchini that are all roughly the same size, so they cook through at the same rate.
It takes time to pull this recipe off. It isn’t hard, but risotto takes time to stir, and zucchini needs time to bake. But the assembly of the vegan stuffed zucchini is quick and easy.
For a variation, chop up some Field Roast Italian Garlic and Fennel Sausage, and add it to the risotto right before stuffing the zucchini.
Vegan Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Italian Herb Risotto
1 batch Vegan Italian Herb Risotto
3 medium zucchini, sliced in half long ways, seeds removed, and hollow out to create a “boat”
1-2 large tomatoes, sliced
Garlic powder, to sprinkle
Italian seasoning, to sprinkle
Vegan parmesan, to top – optional
1. Follow the recipe for Vegan Italian Herb Risotto. When you’ve completed it and it’s cool enough to handle, move on to the next step.
2. Preheat the oven to 400º F. Grease a 9″ X 13″ pan.
3. Grab one of the zucchini boats, and stuff it generously with herb risotto. Then, place the boat in the 9″ X 13″ pan. Repeat this process until all the zucchini are stuffed.
4. Arrange the slices of tomato over each boat (I did 3 slices per boat). Then sprinkle everything with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Finally, top with vegan parmesan, if using.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400º F for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve.