This easy fennel and white bean salad recipe is awesome for lunch, because it takes very little effort and stores well. And like most cold bean salads, it gets better with time. Add a little extra salt before serving, and you’re ready to go.
Serve with garlic toast, put it inside a pita, wrap it up in a tortilla, or just enjoy it as a side dish. You cannot lose with this vegan fennel white bean salad recipe. It puts winter vegetables to work in a refreshing way, and serves between 2-4, depending on whether it’s your main dish or a side.
A few tips…
- ・No fresh rosemary? Try ½ tsp dried rosemary. Rosemary can be strong, so start with a small amount.
- ・Squeeze a navel orange for the orange juice.
- ・ If you taste it and it needs something, it’s probably salt.
One of my favorite solutions for a quick meal is vegan bean salad. Check more other UVK vegan bean salad recipes 💚
Fennel and White Bean Salad
⅓ cup olive oil
½ cup finely chopped red onion
⅓ cup orange juice
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp dijon mustard
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
2 cups small dice fennel bulb
15.5 ounce can (OR 1 ¾ cups) of great northern white beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
½-1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1. In a small skillet, add the olive oil and red onion over high heat. As soon as it starts to sizzle, stir it around for 30 seconds. Then, remove it from the stove, and spoon the olive oil and red onion into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the orange juice, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard, salt and garlic powder to the mixing bowl. Whisk together.
3. Add the fennel bulb, great northern white beans, parsley and rosemary to the mixing bowl. Mix together. Taste, and adjust seasonings (more salt?). Serve.