This easy recipe for vegan cannellini bean salad with roasted garlic vinaigrette is very flavorful and perfect year round. It holds up well. It’s great to pack for lunch or a road trip. And it tastes so nice with toast.
While flavor is always the most important thing to me, I cannot deny it.. this is one easy cannellini bean salad! You make the dressing in a blender, add some fresh herbs, and then, you stir in some things mostly from cans and jars. It makes 4 servings.
A few things…
- ・You’ll need 1 bulb of roasted garlic (or ~14 roasted garlic cloves). You can either use store bought or roast your own. If you roast the garlic yourself, it is super easy, but takes ~50-55 minutes in the oven. Plan accordingly.
- ・No cannellini beans? Substitute 2 15 ounce cans of great northern white beans. They’ll work just fine.
- ・Fresh herbs are best, but if you need to substitute dried herbs instead, use 1¼ tsp dried thyme and ¼ tsp dried rosemary. Taste the cannellini bean salad, and add a bit more if needed.
- ・For the lemon juice and lemon zest needed for this recipe, buy 1 lemon. Wash it really well. Zest it, and then, slice it in half and squeeze it for the lemon juice.
As a variation, stir in some cooked, cold vegan tortellini (like Kite Hill Plant Based Tortellini) with the rest of the ingredients. It makes a dynamite vegan cannellini bean tortellini salad.
As always, thanks for stopping by! Check out more UVK recipes, like Gnocchi with Cannellini Beans, Spinach and Tomatoes, Spinach Cannellini Bean Orzo, Carrot Artichoke Tortellini with Garlic Butter Arugula or Asparagus Salad with Walnuts, Farro and Lemon Vinaigrette 💚
Cannellini Bean Salad with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
1 bulb roasted garlic, peeled (OR ~14 cloves of roasted garlic) – (see note above)
¼ cup olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground dry mustard
1½ Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1½ tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
¼ tsp fresh lemon zest
Black pepper, to taste
2 15.5 ounce cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (OR ~3 cups cooked cannellini beans)
2.25 ounce can of sliced black olives, drained
½ cup sliced roasted red peppers from a jar
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1. First, you’ll make the dressing for the cannellini bean salad. In a blender, add the roasted garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and ground dry mustard. Blend until completely smooth.
2. Using a spatula, add the contents of the blender to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, lemon zest and black pepper.
3. Stir in the cannellini beans, sliced black olives, sliced roasted red peppers and celery. Taste the vegan cannellini bean salad, and adjust seasonings, if needed (more salt? more lemon? more herbs?). Serve with garlic toast, in a pita or as a hearty side dish.