This vegan buffalo flavored nuts recipe keeps you coming back for more. When I was putting it together, I had the Snyder’s of Hanover Hot Buffalo Wing Pretzel Pieces on my mind. Homemade buffalo almonds and cashews should taste like the king of all vegan snack food. And when they do, those spicy nuts are awesome!
This recipe is super simple. Mix up a buffalo sauce, stir in roasted unsalted nuts, spread them over a sheet pan, bake and cool. Then, you store those roasted spicy nuts in an airtight container.
The nutritional yeast serves two important purposes. First, it adds to the flavor. And next, once you bake these buffalo flavored nuts, it creates a delicious seasoning crust that envelopes each nut.
I also really love how the distilled white vinegar makes your mouth water! Without it, these are just somewhat seasoned nuts, but with it, you find you want to eat another one.
After testing different hot sauces, Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce tasted the best. Just keep in mind, that every hot sauce is different (varying levels of heat, vinegar, etc), and could have an impact on the quality of the flavor.
This recipe makes 2 cups of vegan buffalo flavored nuts. For a variation, use other roasted unsalted nuts. While testing, I tried roasted unsalted pistachios, and they were also very good!
Enjoy these spicy nuts as an everyday vegan snack. Or take them wherever the day takes you, whether it’s road tripping, hiking, camping, hosting a bbq, or more.
And make sure to checkout other UVK vegan snack food recipes 💚
Buffalo Flavored Nuts
1 Tbsp vegan butter
2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
2 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cayenne
1 cup roasted unsalted whole cashews
1 cup roasted unsalted whole almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 325º F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. First, we’ll make the sauce for the buffalo flavored nuts. Melt the vegan butter in a small bowl in the microwave (or in a pot on the stove top). Add it to a large mixing bowl.
3. To the large mixing bowl, add the distilled white vinegar, hot sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and cayenne. Whisk together.
4. Add the roasted unsalted almonds and cashews to the buffalo sauce. Stir until well coated.
5. Spread the spicy buffalo flavored nuts evenly across the sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325º F for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and gingerly flip the nuts (they will be a little saucy, and you don’t want it to come off too much). Return to the oven and bake another 10 minutes.
6. Remove the seasoned nuts from the oven and allow to cool. Once completely cool, serve or store in an airtight container.