This vegan buffalo soy curls wrap recipe is super easy and tasty! It’s great for lunch or a quick dinner during the week. Or deconstruct this vegan buffalo chicken wrap and make it into a salad.
A few things…
- ・Use the hot sauce you like and use it to your taste level. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, Louisana, Crystal, etc. They’re all very nice.
- ・Any vegan ranch dressing will do, whether store bought or make your own oil free vegan ranch from scratch.
- ・Customize the amount of vegetables to make it right for you. Maybe you want a lot of avocado, celery and cucumber, but just a bit of carrots, a few tomatoes, some arugula and a little scallion?
- ・Want a salad? Ditch the tortilla, use the rest of the wrap ingredients, and make this a vegan buffalo chicken salad.
- ・Gluten free? Use a gluten free tortilla or make the salad.
This vegan buffalo chicken recipe makes ~4 servings of buffalo soy curls, whether you put them on wraps or on salads. They are so simple and so good!
Please enjoy! And check out more delicious UVK recipes, like Buffalo Flavored Nuts, Vegan Roasted Chickpea Kale Salad with Ranch Dressing, or Creamy Chickpea Salad.
Buffalo Soy Curls Wrap
Buffalo Soy Curls:
2 cups dehydrated soy curls
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup nutritional yeast
½ tsp lemon juice
Hot sauce, to taste (if sensitive to heat, add a small amount, taste and adjust until it’s right for you)
Vegan Ranch Dressing (or store bought vegan ranch dressing), to taste
**To make a Vegan Buffalo Chicken Salad, see notes above.
1. Add the soy curls to a mixing bowl, and cover with water. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Then, drain off the water, and squeeze the excess liquid out of the soy curls. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, add olive oil and garlic over high heat. When the garlic begins to sizzle, turn down to low and sauté for 1 minute to flavor the oil.
4. Spread the soy curls in an even layer across the bottom of the skillet, and then, turn up the heat to medium. Do not stir around. After 2-3 minutes, flip the soy curls. They should be a golden brown on one side. Continue to pan fry until they reach the level of crispiness you prefer. It may need a little more olive oil, as you cook them up.
5. When they are crisped enough, add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and hot sauce. Stir to combine, taste the buffalo soy curls, and adjust taste (more nutritional yeast, more hot sauce, etc), if needed.
6. Assemble the wrap. Add vegetables, vegan ranch dressing and buffalo soy curls to a tortilla and roll it up into a wrap. Serve with celery sticks and any remaining sauce on the side.