This homemade vegan ranch dressing recipe has raw cashews, fresh dill and parsley, lemon juice and all the good stuff. It contains no oil, no mayo, and no tofu. And it’s quick and easy in a high speed blender. It’s awesome as a dip for veggies, on salads, buffalo soy curls, or on anything you enjoy ranch on. If you’re anything like me, that’s everything 😄
This recipe make ~1 cup.
A few things…
- ・No high speed blender? Soak the raw cashews in water for 4-6 hours. After soaking them, drain off the water and use them in the vegan ranch dressing recipe with a regular blender. Using this method, the dressing had a thicker and less velvety texture. For best results, use a high speed blender, like a Vitamix or Ninja.
- ・If you like a thinner dressing, use ½ cup raw whole cashews. If you want to use this cashew ranch dip or like your dressing thicker, go with ¾ cup.
- ・You might be thinking… “Why not just put all the ingredients in the high speed blender and let it do the work?” Because once you add the herbs to the blender, you might end up with green ranch 😆 I find it works better to stir them in at the end.
Thanks for stopping by! And check out more UVK recipes, like Roasted Chickpea Kale Salad with Vegan Ranch Dressing, Vegan Spinach Mushroom Wild Rice Casserole, Vegan Chipotle Mayo, or Vegan Caesar Dressing.
Vegan Ranch Dressing
½-¾ cup raw whole cashews (see notes above)
½ cup water
1 Tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp finely chopped kosher dill pickle
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
Black pepper, to taste
1. In a high speed blender (like a Vitamix or Ninja), add the raw cashews, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and dill pickle. Blend until completely smooth. The vegan ranch dressing will thicken as it blends. Still not quite thick enough for you? Add a few more raw cashews and blend again.
2. Spoon the contents of the blender into a mixing bowl. Then, stir in the parsley, dill and black pepper. Taste, the vegan cashew ranch dressing, and adjust seasonings, if needed (more salt? more lemon juice?). Serve.