This vegan roasted golden beetroot (or beet) and couscous pasta salad recipe has a delicious lime and mint dressing. And wow, does it work with the couscous, golden beets, currants and slivered almonds. It may be a pretty simple beetroot pasta salad, but the textures and flavors are awesome.
Enjoy this recipe for beetroot and couscous salad for lunch or as a side dish. If you don’t have currants, you could try swapping in raisins, instead. This salad also keeps well, but may need a little refresh on the lime juice right before serving. Not quite zingy enough from the lime juice? Sometimes, I add a bit of white wine vinegar, and voila!
Whether you’re a long-time follower or a first time visitor, I really appreciate you being here! I hope you love this beet pasta salad recipe.
Golden Beetroot and Couscous Salad with Slivered Almonds and Currants
~6 small golden beets, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces (OR 3 cups peeled golden beets chopped into bite size pieces)
¼ cup olive oil (+ more for drizzling the beets)
1¾ cups fake chicken broth
1½ cups couscous
2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
½ Tbsp torn fresh mint
2 Tbsp lime juice
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup slivered almonds
⅓ cup dried Zante currants
Lime wedges, to serve – optional
1. First, you’ll roast the beetroot for the couscous pasta salad. Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a large, shallow pan with non-stick foil. Spread the beets evenly across the foil. Drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Move the beets around to coat them.
2. Bake the beets at 400º F for 15 minutes. Flip and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until tender enough to enjoy eating. Remove from the oven, and allow to completely cool.
3. While the beets are roasting, add the broth to a medium saucepan, cover with a lid, and bring to a rapid boil. Remove from heat, stir in the couscous, and put the lid back on. After 5 minutes, remove the lid, fluff with a fork, and allow to cool down to room temperature.
4. In a large salad bowl, add ¼ cup olive oil, parsley, cilantro, mint, lime juice, garlic powder and salt. Whisk together the lime and mint dressing, and set aside until the beets and couscous pasta are cooled.
5. When the beetroot and couscous are ready, add them to the salad bowl. Add the almonds and currants. Stir to combine. Taste, and adjust seasonings, if needed (more salt? more lime juice?). Serve with lime wedges.