One of my favorite summer treats is cold fruit sprinkled with Tajín. For a person, who hardly tolerates fruit, the chili pepper, lime and salt seasoning is a game changer. I actually look forward to it! So, with this in mind, I created a refreshing vegan cold mango soup recipe with pineapple, cucumber, red bell pepper, and more. And you guessed it, it tastes awesome with a little Tajín on top!
This recipe makes ~4 servings.
A few things…
- ・This cold mango soup recipe is a bit like gazpacho, except some of the fruit and vegetables are cooked. To cook them, you can either use your outdoor grill (perfect for hot days!) or use your oven.
- ・You will need to use a high speed blender, like a Vitamix or Ninja. Blanched slivered almonds are a very hard nut.
- ・Because this recipe uses pineapple, I did not add any additional acid to the final result. If you want it to taste even brighter, I would recommend adding lime juice.
This vegan mango soup recipe tastes awesome ice cold after chilling the refrigerator for a couple hours. Please enjoy! And explore additional UVK recipes, like Mango Hand Roll Sushi, Vegan Cold Beet Soup, Jerk Jackfruit, Pineapple and Cucumber Salad, and more.
Let’s get going!
Cold Mango Soup
1 medium red bell pepper, large chunks (OR ~1½ cups large chunks of red bell pepper)
1 cup large chunks of pineapple
2 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 small red onion, large dice (OR ~¾ cup large dice red onions)
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ English cucumber, large dice (OR ~1½ cups large dice English cucumber)
2 small mangoes, peeled and diced (OR ~2½ cups peeled and diced mangoes)
¼ cup blanched slivered almonds
½ tsp salt
Tajín seasoning, to top (highly recommended 😊)
1. Preheat the grill to 400º F (or oven to 450º F). Line a grill-proof pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
2. Next, it’s time to prep the pineapple and vegetables for the cold vegan mango soup. Add the red peppers, pineapple, garlic, red onion, olive oil, smoked paprika and a dash of salt to a mixing bowl. Stir to coat.
3. Then, spread the contents of the mixing bowl in an even layer over the lined pan. Grill at 400ºF for ~8 minutes (or roast in oven at 450º F for ~10 minutes) or until there’s a nice brown char. Keep a close eye on it to ensure it does not burn. Remove from the grill (or oven) and allow to completely cool.
4. In a high speed blender, add the cucumber, mango, almonds, salt, and the cooled pineapple and vegetables. Blend until completely smooth.
5. Taste, and adjust flavors (more smoked paprika? salt?). Either serve right away at room temperature or chill in the refrigerator for several hours. Enjoy vegan cold mango soup with a dash of Tajín seasoning on top.