Stanford Inn by the Sea in Mendocino, California is an incredible vegan resort. Of course, one of the best parts is going to Raven’s Restaurant for one of their legendary meals. It’s always absolutely delicious.
This vegan mushroom benedict recipe is inspired by Raven’s Restaurant’s Portobello Benedict and by classic California Eggs Benedict. There’s a creamy cashew hollandaise sauce made in a high speed blender (like a Vitamix), a broiled flavorful portobello cap, a slice of tomato, slices of avocado, and a warm toasted English muffin. It sounds complicated, but it’s easy vegan recipe for breakfast or brunch!
This vegan Benedict recipe makes 2 servings.
Vegan California Benedict with Portobello Mushroom
2 whole portbello mushroom caps, stems removed
4 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce (store bought or make your own)
1 large garlic clove, chopped
English muffin, sliced in half (OR use a gluten free English muffin, if gluten free)
Chopped parsley, to top – optional
1. Preheat the oven to BROIL (on HIGH or ~500º F). Line a cookie sheet with non-stick aluminum foil or parchment. Place the mushrooms on it, cap side down.
2. Add 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce over one mushroom, and then, add the remaining 2 tsp to the other. Top each mushroom with the garlic. Broil at 500º F for ~10 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. While the mushrooms are broiling, make the hollandaise sauce following this recipe. Then, set it aside.
4. Toast the English muffin. Then, top it with the tomato, portobello mushroom (I like the cap side down, so it holds all the juiciness in until I slice it), and the avocado.
5. Pour the hollandaise sauce over the top, and sprinkle with some fresh parsley, if using. Serve immediately.
Get Email Updates!
Enter your email address to subscribe to UVK. Then, visit your inbox, find the UVK email and confirm your subscription.