My favorite part of a big breakfast is the potatoes. And this recipe for vegan roasted breakfast potatoes with rosemary does not disappoint. These beauties are roasted, spiced, salted and delicious, and make enough for 4-6 servings.
- ・This recipe was tested with Russet potatoes and then, with Yukon gold potatoes. Either worked well. Use the potato variety that suits you.
- ・Chop your potatoes into 1 inch by 1 inch cubes. It allows them to cook through in a more uniform fashion. No one likes a rando large, hard potato.
Most importantly, season your vegan breakfast potatoes and roast them in the oven to perfection. And seriously, the fresh rosemary really adds delicious flavor and aroma.
Please enjoy 💚 Maybe as a side to tofu scramble or a vegan benedict? And check out more delicious UVK breakfast recipes, like Vegan Cheesy Grits or Savory Vegan Bread Pudding with Leeks and Rainbow Chard.
Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
6-7 cups 1″ x 1″ cubed potatoes (leave the skin on)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
Cayenne pepper, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Finely chopped fresh parsley and fresh rosemary, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425º F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. Add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl with the olive oil. Stir around the potatoes until they are completely coated in the oil.
3. Next, you’ll season the vegan breakfast potatoes. Sprinkle the potatoes with 1 Tbsp of fresh rosemary, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Stir until all the seasonings are well distributed.
4. Spread the potatoes evenly across the sheet pan lined with parchment paper. When the oven is ready, place the sheet pan in the oven and bake at 425º F for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the breakfast potatoes from the oven, and flip them with a spatula. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until fully cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven and flip the potatoes with a spatula. Set the oven to BROIL, and return the potatoes to the oven. Keep a close eye on them, and when they’ve reached the level of crispness you prefer, remove them from the oven. I broiled mine for ~4 minutes.
7. Sprinkle some fresh parsley and rosemary over the top. Taste the vegan roasted breakfast potatoes, and then, adjust seasonings, if needed (more salt? more black pepper? cayenne?). Serve immediately.