A few months ago, I scrawled down “strawberry salad poppy seed dressing” in a notebook. This month felt like a good time to circle back. It’s spring! So, here we are with an easy vegan strawberry spinach pasta salad recipe.
A few things…
- ・This recipe uses UVK’s Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing in it. Whether you make it with the olive oil or vegan mayo, it tastes great in this pasta salad. Make the dressing that suits you!
- ・The vegan feta cheese is 100% optional. It’s nice, but not essential.
- ・It best served right away. If left too long, the spinach wilts and the nuts are less crunchy.
This recipe for strawberry spinach bow tie pasta salad makes ~4-6 servings. It’s terrific for lunch, as a side dish and would probably be lovely for Easter dinner.
Always grateful you’re here! 💚
Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
½ pound dry farfalle pasta (OR ~4 cups dry farfalle pasta)
½ cup finely chopped walnuts
1 batch vegan poppy seed dressing (see note above)
1 pound sliced strawberries (OR ~3 cups sliced strawberries)
2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
Vegan feta, to taste – optional (I added ~¼ cup)
1. Fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil on the stove. Add 2 teaspoons salt and the farfalle pasta. Follow the directions on the pasta box to cook, or boil for 10-12 minutes or until soft enough to enjoy eating. Then, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. While you’re waiting for the water to boil for the pasta, add the walnuts to a small, dry skillet. Stir constantly over HIGH heat for ~2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat. Stir around one last time, and set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, make this recipe for poppy seed dressing. Either version (olive oil or mayo) tastes good in this recipe.
4. Add the pasta to the poppy seed dressing in the mixing bowl. Stir until the pasta is well-coated in the dressing.
5. Add the walnuts, sliced strawberries, spinach and vegan feta (if using). Stir together and taste. Adjust flavors, if needed (more apple cider vinegar? salt? agave?). Serve.