I love gnocchi and love thinking of new ways to enjoy it. And this easy recipe for vegan gnocchi with Swiss chard and tomatoes is quick, tasty and totally delicious.
A few things…
- ・You can use store bought gnocchi or make your gnocchi from scratch.
- ・Any chard will do…red, rainbow, etc. It all tastes great.
- ・Only have a can of diced tomatoes, but there’s no Italian seasoning in them? You can still make this. When you add the tomatoes, just add some dried Italian herbs, like oregano and basil. Then, make sure to taste the Swiss chard gnocchi at the end. You may need additional herbs, salt and black pepper.
- ・In the past, I’ve used Swiss chard that’s already washed, chopped and ready-to-use. This can make prep work very speedy, because all you have to do is peel and chop 2 garlic cloves.
This recipe for vegan gnocchi with Swiss chard works for dinner any time of year. It’s simple, satisfying and delicious. Sometimes, I even make it for lunch on the weekends!
Discover more UVK recipes, like Potato Swiss Chard Soup, Gnocchi with Cannellini Beans, Spinach and Tomatoes, Vegan Puff Pastry Turnovers with Swiss Chard, Potatoes and Chickpeas or Gnocchi with Pesto and Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes.
Now, let’s get cookin’!
Gnocchi with Swiss Chard and Tomatoes
17.5 ounce package of vegan gnocchi (or make your own from scratch)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
5-6 cups chopped Swiss chard
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Vegan parmesan, to top – optional
1. First, you’ll make the gnocchi sauce. In a large skillet, add the olive oil and garlic over medium heat. Sauté for ~1 minute (just enough time to release the garlic flavor into the oil). Turn the heat down to low, and add the can of tomatoes. Stir until well combined, and cover with a lid.
2. Then, make the gnocchi according to the directions on the package. They usually only need to boil for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the top. As soon as they are done cooking and you have drained them, gently stir the gnocchi into the skillet with the tomato sauce.
3. Gently stir in the chopped Swiss chard. Let the Swiss chard wilt and cook through (about 1-2 minutes in the skillet).
3. Taste the gnocchi with Swiss chard, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, and top with vegan parmesan, if using.
4 responses to “Gnocchi with Swiss Chard and Tomatoes”
[…] also be paired successfully with other Italian favorites, like Orange Zest and Fennel Risotto or Gnocchi with Swiss Chard and Tomatoes. While I haven’t done it yet, I think it would work well for entertaining guests, because it […]
[…] you enjoy this vegan gnocchi recipe, you may enjoy others, like Gnocchi with Swiss Chard and Tomatoes or the summer gnocchi recipe, Gnocchi with Pesto and Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini and Cherry […]
This was delicious!! I added some Turkeyless Ground Turkey from Trader Joe’s to the sauce, and some white beans, just to have some protein and amp it up and it is delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe!
You’re so welcome. I’m psyched you enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing your additions. Sounds yum!